HOME   ARCHIVE   GALLERY   SHOP   ABOUT US      
 

 
SALFORD MAYOR CANDIDATE PAUL MASSEY SHOT
 

Star date: 26th July 2015

SALFORD'S PAUL MASSEY SHOT IN CLIFTON

The Salford Star understands that well known Salford man Paul Massey, who was due to stand for City Mayor at the next election in May, has been shot dead at his home in Clifton. Mr Massey had been taking an active role in community politics in the city recently, saying he wanted to get involved in helping young people.

Tonight's shooting follows a gun-related incident in Swinton this week when shots were fired at an address on Blantyre Street.

More details here...


Paul Massey Stands For Salford Mayor in 2012
click image to enlarge

Salford's Paul Massey has been shot dead at his home in Clifton, the Salford Star understands. The incident happened around 8:30pm and the area is currently sealed off by police.

Paul Massey was tagged with the `Mr Big' label but in recent years has been involved in local politics, standing against Ian Stewart for City Mayor in the election of 2012 and polling 2,000 votes. He told the Salford Star at the time that he would stand again "as part of another party or I'll build my own party…I think it's time for a change."

In April, he appeared at a photo shoot, supporting Bez and the We Are The Reality Party as part of this year's General Election campaign... "He got in touch because he wants to run for Mayor again, and I told him about setting up community projects involved with schools, and he liked what I was saying" said Bez.

Tonight's incident follows another shooting in Swinton last Wednesday night at an address on Blantyre Street.

On social media tonight, the news was met with sadness as Salford becomes synonymous with gun crime again...

"Another shooting in Salford makes me so sad and angry...GUNS are for soldiers who fight for our country!" wrote one person... "It's going to go off...bad times" wrote another.

Update: 27th July

Salford and Eccles MP talks of her shock at the death of Paul Massey - click here

ex manc wrote
at 1:50:54 AM on Wednesday, October 14, 2015
You live by the sword you die by it too sad for family but why are we painting this man as some kind of local hero do we really want our young people aspiring to live the kind of life this man lived it didn't end well for him rest in peace Paul I hold no malice to you or yours but let's hope that your end deters a few others from taking the same path as you and takes some of hate of our streets
 
Hero In Salford wrote
at 4:16:36 AM on Sunday, August 9, 2015
Paul was the first of the gang with a gun in his hand and a bullet in his gullet and the first lost lad to go under the sod And he stole from the rich and the poor and the not very rich and the very poor and he stole all hearts away He stole all hearts away He stole all hearts away Away... He stole all hearts away Away...
 
Norwich Man...(Cadiz since 1994) wrote
at 10:38:08 AM on Monday, July 27, 2015
It's just a shame the Manchester Evening News, for the next 'x' amount of years will have a nice little earner to sex up their pages. There were two sides to Mr. Massey (or maybe just one side; the all-smiles multi-syllabled mood, and the nasty sod mood) - but one thing is sure...the usual sections of the media will be wanting to turn him into a eh-oop version of a Kray twin. Wakefield 1985
 
The REAL Salford Lad wrote
at 9:16:11 AM on Monday, July 27, 2015
The REAL Salford Lad here, whoever posted as "Salford lad" is obviously not from Salford, people from Salford are known as Salfordians, "Salford Man" you are obviously not a REAL Salford Man otherwise you would be showing some compassion, now is a time to chill and reflect
 
Michael F in Felse wrote
at 7:37:22 AM on Monday, July 27, 2015
I am shocked by the bad taste comments on this page. I saw Paul Massey as an inspired debater on the Mayoral platform we shared. He was a down to earth Salford man, committed to mediation in making gang culture become void of gun violence in Salford - a task many would hesitate to engage. His vision was as a Mayor on no pay and no extra deputy Mayors that gave us a powerful view that under his unique leadership Salford Council would save money to put into helping young people and supporting vulnerable people. I respect Paul Massey. I sincerely send my condolences to his family. I know I am a better individual for having seen his vision of Salford. I believe our community has lost a unique talented voice. I trust his vision of helping young people will live on and become reflected in local groups.
 
Martin Griffiths wrote
at 6:08:08 AM on Monday, July 27, 2015
Hang on , guns have been banned haven't they ? If they have shot him they must be criminals or police / army mustn't they ? Why do law abiding sportsmen / women keep getting blamed for criminal acts by -- wait for it -- CRIMINALS ?
 
Salford Man wrote
at 6:08:05 AM on Monday, July 27, 2015
Yet another scum bag paraded round as some kind of "hero" - just goes to show you how low some peoples aspirations are. He was a violent criminal, end of errand.
 
Salford lad wrote
at 5:40:28 PM on Sunday, July 26, 2015
It is a great opportunity for Salfordonians to move forward and rid its image of crime and gangs.
 
Please enter your comment below:
 
 
 
SLADS
Salford Live Events
Salford Star contact
Salford Star
Salford Star print
Deli Lama
advertisement
 
Contact us
phone: 07957 982960
Facebook       Twitter
 
 
Recent comments
article: FIREFIGHTERS SAY THEY WERE HELD BACK FROM ATTENDING MANCHESTER ARENA BOMB SCENE
Salford Lad - what sewer did you escape from? ... [more]
article: FIREFIGHTERS SAY THEY WERE HELD BACK FROM ATTENDING MANCHESTER ARENA BOMB SCENE
Salford Lad, if ignorance is bliss, you must go around with a permanent smile on your face. Also, can you point me in the directio... [more]
article: FIREFIGHTERS SAY THEY WERE HELD BACK FROM ATTENDING MANCHESTER ARENA BOMB SCENE
I totally agree the higher power are to blame . But as a human being. I would have gone any way and made my own personal and profe... [more]
article: FIREFIGHTERS SAY THEY WERE HELD BACK FROM ATTENDING MANCHESTER ARENA BOMB SCENE
Clearly the decision to hold the Fire Service teams in reserve was correct as they as it transpires were not needed. I know that t... [more]
article: FIREFIGHTERS SAY THEY WERE HELD BACK FROM ATTENDING MANCHESTER ARENA BOMB SCENE
maybe the reason you weren't called is that they were expecting other bombs and you were the second line of help... [more]
 
 
 
 
 
Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds
 
 
 

Donate

Help the Salford Star...

all donations welcome

 
 

More articles...

ARIANA GRANDE TO DO BENEFIT CONCERT IN MANCHESTER FOR BOMB VICTIMS

Star date: 26th May 2017

"WE WON'T LET HATE WIN" SAYS ARIANA

Ariana Grande has just issued a statement on Twitter saying that she will "be returning to the incredibly brave city of Manchester to spend time with my fans and to have a benefit concert in honor of and to raise money for the victims and their families".

The singer, whose fans were caught in Monday night's bomb blast at Manchester Arena, adds that "We will not quit or operate in fear...We won't let this divide us...We won't let hate win..."

Full details here...

MANCHESTER BOMB ATTACK SALFORD WITNESSES URGED TO SEEK SUPPORT

Star date: 26th May 2017

PHONE LINE SUPPORT FOR ARIANA GRANDE CONCERT GOERS AND WITNESSES

Loads of Salford people were at Monday night's Ariana Grande concert which was hit by a terrorist bomb, and now they are being urged to seek help from Victim Support on a special free hotline...

"If you were...there on the night or you witnessed the horror that unfolded, practical help and emotional support is also available to you" says Greater Manchester Deputy Mayor for Policing and Crime Beverley Hughes.

Full details here...

WORLD OBSERVES MINUTES SILENCE FOR MANCHESTER BOMB VICTIMS

Star date: 25th May 2017

ST ANN'S SQUARE FALLS SILENT THEN UNITED AND CITY ANNOUNCE £1MILLION DONATION

A jam-packed St Ann's Square fell quiet at 11am this morning, as a one minute silence was observed throughout Manchester, Salford and the world for the victims of the Manchester bomb attack.

Greater Manchester Mayor, Andy Burnham, led Manchester Council workers from Albert Square to St Ann's Square, to join many hundreds of people paying respect. Afterwards, it was announced that Manchester United and Manchester City had made a joint donation of £1million to the We Love Manchester Emergency Fund.

Full details here...

SALFORD RED DEVILS GIVE FREE MATCH ENTRY FOR BOMB RELIEF DONATIONS

Star date: 25th May 2017

SALFORD RED DEVILS DONATE ALL GATE MONEY TO MANCHESTER BOMB VICTIMS

Salford Red Devils are making their Friday night match against Catalans Dragons free entry, with fans asked to donate to the Manchester Bomb Relief Fund instead. Owner Marwan Koukash tweeted "For the @SalfordDevils game on Friday, just turn up, collect free ticket and make a donation for the victims of the Manchester attack".

Full details here...

FIREFIGHTERS SAY THEY WERE HELD BACK FROM ATTENDING MANCHESTER ARENA BOMB SCENE

Star date: 24th May 2017

A Salford Star Exclusive

'NEVER BEEN SO ASHAMED TO BE A FIREFIGHTER...'

"This is kids dying and us doing nothing"... "Never been so ashamed to be a firefighter"... "The public must think what the hell do we actually do apart from free smoke alarms if we don't even respond to this"... "Sat one mile from the incident watching it on telly..."

As the public, police and paramedics rushed to help victims, firefighters say they were held back by senior managers from attending the scene of the Manchester Arena bomb on Monday night.

An official investigation is underway which it is hoped will provide answers "whether it was operational decision or an error was made", the Fire Brigades Union told the Salford Star. Greater Manchester Mayor, Andy Burnham added: "I am aware of concerns from firefighters about the speed of the response to the terror attack…I am taking these concerns seriously."

Full details here...

 



written and produced by Salfordians for Salfordians
with attitude and love xxx