HOME   ARCHIVE   GALLERY   SHOP   ABOUT US      
 

 
SALFORD RESIDENTS TO DEMONSTRATE AGAINST BELLWAY HOMES AND SALFORD CITY COUNCIL
 

Star date: 14th September 2018

SALFORD COMMUNITY FLEXES MUSCLES OVER RAMPANT DEVELOPMENT

Saving Our Neighbourhood
Saturday 15th September 10am-noon
Campbell Road Playing Fields

Tomorrow morning, residents will be holding a peaceful, family friendly demonstration against the Bellway Homes development at Campbell Road Playing Fields, near Swinton, which is shoving up 241 houses on green space land. But it goes much further. The demo is also about Salford City Council's planning policies...

"We're joining forces with other neighbourhoods all over the city to say this rampant development of every bit of open space has to stop" says Carol Boyce of Saving Our Neighbourhood.

Full details here...


Saving Our Neighbourhood
click image to enlarge

Last week, Saving Our Neighbourhood held a packed public meeting at Salford Civic Centre announcing a new group to unite all the Salford campaigns against rampant development, with direct action...or "we're going to have nothing left"...*

Tomorrow, Saturday 15th September at 10am, the group is holding its first protest at Campbell Road Playing Fields, where Bellway Homes is shoving up 241 properties, after all sorts of dodgy goings on at the Salford Council planning panel meeting which gave the development the green light. The organisers are hoping that campaigners against developments all over Salford will join them....

"It was clear at our public meeting last week that there is an appetite for holding the Salford City Council planning panel to account" says Carol Boyce, Chair of Saving Our Neighbourhood "They are charged with creating our future here in Salford and they don't have a plan.

"As people, we have power if we use it so even though the planning application by Bellway on our open space was railroaded through, despite massive local opposition, we're not stopping" she adds "We're joining forces with other neighbourhoods all over the city to say this rampant development of every bit of open space has to stop.

"It doesn't help the housing crisis and it destroys what quality of life we have and puts our health in jeopardy" she explains "We're holding a peaceful family friendly protest at the entrance to the Bellway site on Campbell Road Fields on Saturday morning at 10am - early enough so we can enjoy the rest of the day, football, festivals, whatever - to start what we're confident will become a citywide movement that forces the Salford City Council planning panel to make a plan that works for everyone."

Apparently, Bellway is expecting a big protest, so the organisers are hoping to make their expectations a reality...

Saving Our Neighbourhood
Saturday 15th September 10am-noon
Campbell Road Playing Fields, M27 5GS
(Campbell Road is off Morpeth Street, off Folly Lane)

For more details see the Saving Our Neighbourhood Facebook page – click here

Or the Peaceful Protest event page – click here

*For a full background see previous Salford Star article on Saving Our Neighbourhood – click here

Update: 15th September - Salford Residents Stage Protest Against Rampant Development - click here

Bob the regular wrote
at 08:41:13 on 15 September 2018
This battle is over. They have won, but have a good day out anyway. At least you will know what a bunch of bastards our council are. The day of reckoning will come one day, the people will perhaps learn I hope.
 
life is loud wrote
at 21:30:03 on 14 September 2018
Not in our back yard brigade
 
Please enter your comment below:
 
 
 
Salford Star Hoodies
Salford Star contact
Deli Lama
advertisement
 
Contact us
phone: 07957 982960
Facebook       Twitter
 
 
Recent comments
article: SALFORD PENDLETON TOGETHER TENANTS TELL OF KNIVES, NIBES, CLADDING, DODGY WINDOWS AND HOLES IN THE WALLS
What I would do if I was one of the disgruntled tenants is take video statements on my mobile phone. I would try to find about fi... [more]
article: GOVERNMENT BLOCKS SALFORD CLADDING REPLACEMENT
The private companies must not be fulfilling their contract by allowing unsafe flats. It's good the government is not allowing a p... [more]
article: GOVERNMENT BLOCKS SALFORD CLADDING REPLACEMENT
Brilliant things these PFI's! We know which way this is going---------Much hand wringing by Merry and Doughnut and then the flat... [more]
article: SALFORD PENDLETON TOGETHER TENANTS TELL OF KNIVES, NIBES, CLADDING, DODGY WINDOWS AND HOLES IN THE WALLS
A lot of great English humour overlaid on a sad and tragic tale of the human condition in the modern-day Britain. A very illuminat... [more]
article: GOVERNMENT BLOCKS SALFORD CLADDING REPLACEMENT
tell you what, lets get the two master builders Merry and Dennett to sort it out. They could use the new wonderful company they ha... [more]
 
 
 
 
 
Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds
 
 
 

Donate

Help the Salford Star...

all donations welcome

 
 

More articles...

ST PAUL’S CHURCHYARD TRAIL SALFORD

Star date: 22nd September 2018

GRAVE INTEREST IN KERSAL

St Paul's Churchyard Trail
Sunday 23rd September 11:30am
St Paul's Church, Kersal

Tomorrow, Sunday 23rd September, there's going to be a churchyard trail at St Paul's Church on Moor Lane in Kersal to learn some of the history of the important and interesting people buried there.

Full details here...

GOVERNMENT BLOCKS SALFORD CLADDING REPLACEMENT

Star date: 21st September 2018

SALFORD CITY COUNCIL CAN'T ACCESS £400MILLION GOVERNMENT CLADDING FUND

Salford City Council has been told by the Government that it can't access the £400million public fund to help with the cost of replacing dangerous cladding on the nine Pendleton blocks because it's part of a PFI.

Nor will the Government allow the Council to loan Pendleton Together Operating Limited money from its £25million fund set aside for the cladding. In short, it's a complete mess.

Full details here...

SALFORD PENDLETON TOGETHER TENANTS TELL OF KNIVES, NIBES, CLADDING, DODGY WINDOWS AND HOLES IN THE WALLS

Star date: 21st September 2018

'IF YOU WERE TO LIVE HERE FOR ONE WEEK IN ONE OF OUR FLATS, IT WOULD OPEN YOUR EYES...'

Dodgy cladding, knife fights, a tenant threatening to jump off the roof, windows that you can't open, others that are almost falling out...and those NIBEs eating up people's heating budgets. Oh, and tenancy warnings handed out like confetti to elected tenants association officers who are trying to make things better.

Welcome to the Pendleton Together blocks, where residents at Malus Court have just about had enough...

Full details here...

PARENTS MAKE A STAND AGAINST FORCED CHILD REMOVAL BY SALFORD CITY COUNCIL

Star date: 20th September 2018

CIVIC CENTRE SEES PARENTS RAISE AWARENESS OF COUNCIL CHILD REMOVAL PRACTICE

"We're not doing this for the parents we're doing this for the kids, because kids are being hurt..."

Today saw parents who have had their children removed stage an awareness demonstration outside Salford Civic Centre... "We're not fighting for our kids to be brought back to us now, we're fighting for a better system for our kids in the future because it's not right what's going on, it's really not" Katie Jane told the Salford Star.

The demonstration is set to continue tomorrow (Friday) and next week until the 25th September, with networking in Victoria Park over the weekend.

Full details here...

£7MILLION CYCLE AND WALKING ROUTES FOR SALFORD ANNOUNCED

Star date: 20th September 2018

MONTON, SWINTON AND TRINITY WAY TO GET NEW CYCLE PATHS

Transport for Greater Manchester has announced a plan for £7.1million worth of cycle paths and walkways in Monton, Swinton and Trinity Way, with Salford City Council contributing £1.2million towards the total cost.

"The people of Greater Manchester will soon have a genuine choice in how they travel, ensuring that they and their children have a viable and attractive alternative to the car" says Chris Boardman, Greater Manchester Cycling and Walking Commissioner.

Full details here...

 



written and produced by Salfordians for Salfordians
with attitude and love xxx