HOME   ARCHIVE   GALLERY   SHOP   ABOUT US      
 

 
SALFORD BUILE HILL PARK HOUSE DEVELOPER TO HOLD OPEN DAY
 

Star date: 9th May 2018

AS ALMOST 2,000 PEOPLE SIGN PETITION AGAINST PARK HOUSES, DEVELOPER PROMISES OPEN DAY

With almost two thousand people signing a petition against any proposal to build houses in Buile Hill Park, and what is likely to be a stormy community meeting on 22nd May looming, the developer, Capital and Centric, has told the Salford Star that it will be holding an open day to get the community's views "to come up with some creative ideas on how we can secure the mansion's future..."

Full details here...


Almost two thousand people have now signed the petition* against any proposal to build houses in Buile Hill Park, after the Salford Star revealed that Salford City Council and Salford Mayor, Paul Dennett, had signed a 'Memorandum of Understanding' with the developer, Capital and Centric, to consider the scheme in order to facilitate a Salford Red Devils Foundation bid to re-open the Park's Mansion.

With mounting public opposition, and what is set to be a stormy Weaste and Claremont Community Committee meeting on 22nd May**, the Salford Star is aware of rumours that the developer and associated community groups might be set to pull out of any scheme to build houses in the park.

However, Capital and Centric states that these are unfounded and is promising an open day to gauge the community's views...
 
"We're working closely with the Council and the Salford Red Devils Foundation to come up with some creative ideas on how we can secure the mansion's future after several failed attempts to save it" Adam Higgins, co-founder of Capital and Centric told the Star.

"We absolutely want to involve local people in that conversation and will be holding an open day soon to get their views on how we can create an amazing community asset" he added "We want to be very clear…we're not suggesting building on any park land. Our initial ideas have been looking at how we can re-use some of the closed-off, previously built on parts of the park to get money spent on the mansion and see the park thriving again."

The Salford Star asked the Salford Red Devils Foundation to comment on the rumours and its latest position but, as yet, the organisation hasn't responded.


* To sign the petition – click here

** Weaste and Claremont Community Committee public meeting is on Tuesday 22nd May 6:30pm at De La Salle Sports Club, although the venue might change to cope with the amount of people expected to attend.

See also previous Salford Star articles:

Buile Hill Mansion Secrecy - click here

Over 1,500 people sign petition against park houses - click here

Oggy wrote
at 14:31:00 on 18 May 2018
More betrayal by the devious parasites infesting the Swinton Madhouse . Shame on them all .
 
Rayofsunshine wrote
at 16:47:44 on 17 May 2018
'Salford Heritage Trust' - more pseudo policies from pseudo politician, Felsè! Valued public space, including parks, can be only protected by aß2n informed and vigilant citizenry! Hiving off power from Salford City Council, as advocated by Thatcherite Troglodyte, Felse, is the wrong way to proceed!
 
barrywoodling@yahoo.co.uk wrote
at 11:59:27 on 17 May 2018
As an activist within Saving our Neighbourhood a campaign group opposed to Bellway Homes Housing development on Strategic Open space in Swinton I fully support the campaign to save Buile Hill Park from any housing plans! Furthermore it would be a good idea for all campaign groups fighting to save the green belt to form links and coordinate their campaigns to put maximum pressure on the Labour council.
 
Felsey wrote
at 13:13:03 on 10 May 2018
They invite "creative ideas on how we can secure the mansion's future". I demand our Mayor looks at setting up The Salford Heritage Trust to help local residents take a more active control of the local heritage. Every home to get unit membership valued at £2.50 each taken from council tax bills to fund The Salford Heritage Trust start up. Our iconic buildings and green spaces to be assets of The Salford Heritage Trust to fetch match funding in from lottery and grants (millions of pounds to come in that provides exciting new opportunities in the heart of local communities). Simple fact!
 
wrote
at 09:16:16 on 10 May 2018
If they start building on the "closed-off, previously built on parts" it will only spread from there. I have zero trust in the Council to tell these people 'no'. I mean look how passive the Council is with developers elsewhere in the city. Near by, the old Windsor High School grounds and old market area combined are huge, there is no reason they cannot build there. The argument that it's ear-marked for development is shady as it's been like that for a long time. If they built there the majority of houses could be for social rent, with any money from the 'affordable rent' homes built going towards the mansion and grounds being refurbished. However, the fact is the Council doesn't want this as it isn't what the developers want.
 
Mary ferrer wrote
at 09:16:10 on 10 May 2018
So do these people think because the area they plan to build on had buildings there before,it will be OK. Not taking any park land. Do they really think the people of Salford are that thick.Buildings say 30/40 houses so that means 60/80 cars.it would have to be gated off and I am sure the new residents would love the fairground and bomb fire night.I am sure they will affordable prices haha and if these people think this will happen without a fight,Think again. You can't build houses in the middle of the park and it not have an impact on the park users. If it is essential that houses have to be built to get the Mansion up and running.And what I am about to write goes against my belief on building in parks. Do it where the old playground was, now used for parking. As you go into the park facing Chasley Road.That way it would not impact on the park. We can't have 60/80 cars going in and out day in and day out on top of the users of the banqueting suite. And I am sure any funding the council could apply for would sit that bit better with funders. But NO houses in the heart of OUR PARK. Thank you
 
Roops 14 wrote
at 20:04:06 on 09 May 2018
Absolutely no chance!!! Nobody wants to see private development in this PUBLIC park. What the PUBLIC do want is for the Council (or generous Philanthropist) to come up with a plan which will bring the Park (and the Mansion) back to its former glory ...for use, once again, by the PUBLIC....
 
Please enter your comment below:
 
 
 
Salford Star Hoodies
Salford Star contact
Deli Lama
advertisement
 
Contact us
phone: 07957 982960
Facebook       Twitter
 
 
Recent comments
article: PETITION AND PROTEST PLANNED OVER SALFORD SCHOOL HEAD TEACHER SUSPENSION
Petition?!?!? We don’t even know what they are accused of yet!! If it’s serious then those signing the petition before they have... [more]
article: PETITION AND PROTEST PLANNED OVER SALFORD SCHOOL HEAD TEACHER SUSPENSION
Poor record keeping means fraud. How can you have a petition when nobody actually knows what the suspension was for. Counc... [more]
article: SALFORD PEOPLE TO JUDGE WHETHER PLANNING COUNCILLOR BROKE RULES
Bob the regular, there is only one definition of permeability in planning law, and that is physically being able to move through t... [more]
article: SALFORD PEOPLE TO JUDGE WHETHER PLANNING COUNCILLOR BROKE RULES
Wrote, Salix could not use all their surplus funds all on one block of flats to the detriment to all their other properties. How d... [more]
article: SALFORD PEOPLE TO JUDGE WHETHER PLANNING COUNCILLOR BROKE RULES
"...where do you think Salix should magic the money to update the flats from." Just throwing a stick of butter in the mix here but... [more]
 
 
 
 
 
Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds
 
 
 

Donate

Help the Salford Star...

all donations welcome

 
 

More articles...

A YEAR AFTER SALFORD CLADDING SCANDAL INDEPENDENT TENANTS MEETING TO BE HELD

Star date: 16th July 2018

CLADDING, SECURITY, FIRE SAFETY AND MORE TO BE DISCUSSED AT PENDLEON TENANTS MEETING

As the Grenfell Tower victims said, before the tragic fire their warnings were not listened to by the authorities. Now tenants in Spruce Court, Pendleton, who are still living with the dangerous cladding, have called an independent meeting for tomorrow, Tuesday, 17th July, to discuss cladding, security and more, while Thorn Court residents are also complaining about the same issues.

Full details here...

PETITION AND PROTEST PLANNED OVER SALFORD SCHOOL HEAD TEACHER SUSPENSION

Star date: 15th July 2018

SCHOOL PROTEST PLANNED OVER HARROP FOLD HEAD AND STAFF SUSPENSION

After Salford City Council suspended Harrop Fold School Head, Drew Povey, and three other staff members last week, supporters have launched a petition to reinstate them, while pupils and parents are planning a protest at the school this Thursday.

Full details here...

FANGIRL CELEBRATION OF SUPER-FANS COMES TO SALFORD FOR GM FRINGE

Star date: 15th July 2018

FOR THOSE WHO GO THE EXTRA MILE IN PURSUIT OF AN ICON

Fangirl by Quina Chapman
Thursday 19th and Friday 20th July
Kings Arms 7pm £6

Do you go the extra mile in pursuit of an icon? Fangirl, at the Kings Arms this Thursday and Friday, deconstructs the 'condition' through songs, rhymes and laughs. A Greater Manchester Fringe must-see, enthuses Ian Leslie.

Full details here...

THOUSANDS ATTEND TRUMP GO HOME RALLY MANCHESTER

Star date: 14th July 2018

DONALD TRUMP... 'THE WORLD'S MOST DANGEROUS LEADER SINCE THE 1930s' 

Thousands of people packed Albert Square in Manchester last night to voice anger over US President Donald Trump's visit to the UK. Groups from every section of society that Trump has dissed were represented on stage – from Mexican dancers to an ex-US soldier, to trade unions, peace, climate change, refugee, LGBT and women's rights campaigners, plus spokespeople for youth and children. 

To kick off the evening, Manchester councillor, Pat Karney, called Trump "The most dangerous leader since the 1930s...we have to stop the ideas of Trump going across the world..."

Full details here...

TRUMP GO HOME BUS HITS SALFORD

Star date: 13th July 2018

'MANIAC' TRUMP NOT WELCOME HERE

A red open top double decker bus toured Salford this morning covered in slogans reading 'Trump Go Home'. It stopped off at Salford Precinct, Salford Royal Hospital, Langworthy Road and the Civic Centre before heading off to Manchester.

The bus was sponsored by Swinton-based Mary Monson Solicitors, and Mary Monson told the Salford Star that "the idea that he'll come and be feted like a respectable person is appalling". Meanwhile Paul Kelly, President of Salford TUC, called Donald Trump an "ultra-capitalist maniac".

Full details here...

 



written and produced by Salfordians for Salfordians
with attitude and love xxx